Dr. Lina M. Vargas is currently accepting new patients at The Vascular Experts – Florida office in Windermere, FL.
Lina M. Vargas, MD, FACS, RPVI
Lina M. Vargas, MD, FACS, RPVI is a Board-certified vascular surgeon who specializes in vascular and endovascular surgery. Dr. Vargas leads The Vascular Experts – Florida, located in Windermere, Florida.
Dr. Vargas received her medical degree from Pontificia Universidad Javeriana and completed her post-graduate training in Vascular and Endovascular Surgery from the prestigious Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio where she also completed a Research Fellowship in Cardiac and Vascular Surgery. Prior to joining The Vascular Experts, Dr. Vargas served as Clinical Associate in the Department of Vascular Surgery at Duke University in North Carolina and after relocating to Orlando, joined the Vascular Institute of Central Florida - Florida Hospital Medical Group to offer world-class vascular surgery care to patients at Celebration Health.
Dr. Vargas has an extensive background in research and has published articles and book chapters on topics including aortic dissection, peripheral arterial disease, aneurysm treatment and management of complications, acute limb ischemia, dialysis access and arterial closure devices. She has presented her research in the United States as well as internationally. She is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a member of the Society for Vascular Surgery, the Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery, the Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Society and Women in Thoracic Surgery. Dr. Vargas holds privileges at Advent Health and is a distinguished member of the Pan American Medical Association as well as the Colombo American Medical Association, prestigious medical associations in the Central Florida area. Dr. Vargas is the only female, Spanish-speaking, Board-certified Vascular Surgeon in the Greater Orlando area.
- Orlando Health - pending
- Advent Health
- Medical Education – Pontificia Universidad Javeriana: Doctor of Medicine and Surgery
- Internship – Cleveland Clinic – Cleveland, OH – Vascular Surgery
- Residency – Cleveland Clinic – Cleveland, OH – Vascular Surgery
- Cleveland Clinic – Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery Research Fellowship
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
- North Carolina Medical License
- Florida Medical License
- American College of Surgeons
- Society for Vascular Surgery
- Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery
- Vascular and Endovascular Surgical Society
- Midwestern Vascular Surgery Society
- Women in Thoracic Surgery
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Network